SwingColumbus offers 4-week lesson series for everyone! The first lesson at the beginning of the month is drop-in. Pay the remainder of the lesson fee to take the entire course.
Special topics workshops are sprinkled throughout the year. Pricing for these workshops vary.
Join SwingColumbus for the re-launch of their monthly lesson series! These 4-week lesson series are held THURSDAYS in May 2017.
You must attend the first class to join the entire series.
Lindy Hop 101 Series: 6:30 – 7:30 PM
This month SwingColumbus is pleased to have Binaebi Calkins and Mark Vandevender teaching Lindy 101. Both Binaebi and Mark have been members of Team SwingColumbus and bring their unique and joyful styles to their teaching. Lindy 101 is also the starting point for our Lindy 100 series, allows for our students to spread out their learning over three classes. Keep an eye out for Lindy 102 and Lindy 103, coming later in 2017!
Charleston 101 Series: 7:45 – 8:45 PM
This month SwingColumbus is pleased to have Dan Hoy and Gail Clendenin teaching Charleston 101. Dan and Gail have been on Team SwingColumbus and were captains of the team this year. They both bring their passion for dance into their teaching!Charleston 101 is also the starting point for ourCharleston 100 series, allows for our students to spread out their learning over three classes. Keep an eye out for Charleston 102 andCharleston 103, coming later in 2017!
Where: Columbus Learning Cooperative – 731 East Broad St, Columbus, Ohio 43205
Free parking in the large lot behind the building.
|Class Option||General Public||Students / SwingColumbus Members|
|First Class (of the month)||$15 each||$15 each|
|Lindy Hop 101||$50||$45|
|Lindy Hop 101 & Charleston 101||$90||$80|
SwingColumbus is excited to announce that they monthly lesson series will be back in full “swing” in May 2017! Before the big kick off, we wanted to offer all of our dancers a taste of what the lessons will be like by hosting two Tasters.
What is a “Taster?”
This FREE taster event will give the greater swing community an idea of what our monthly series will be like, including:
- Time frame
- Class level expectation
We hope this taster will help our dancers have a good feel for what to expect from lessons. We also hope to give you a strong idea of the “level” to best fit your current skills.
Early registration for our May series will be available at this event.
All Taster attendees will receive $5 off registration!
Hope to see you at the Taster!
When: April 20, 2017 from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
When: April 27, 2017 from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
|Attire: Athletic dress and closed-toe shoes with low/no friction
Parking: Street parking (signs permitting) and church parking lot on a first come first serve basis.
Monthly Lesson Registration
|Class Option||General Public||Members/Students|
|First Class Only (Drop-in)||$15||$15|
|Full Monthly Lessons||$45||$40|
You pay $15 for the first class of each month. If you decide one class is enough, there is no pressure to take the rest of the series. But if you love the class and want to continue, you pay the remaining cost for the rest of the series at the end of the first class!
- Only the first lesson in the monthly series can be taken as a drop-in lesson.
- Student and member discounts do not apply to the drop-in lesson.
- Anyone continuing the full lesson series after the drop-in lesson must pay the remaining $25 Members or $30 Public at the end of the class.
- Payments will not be accepted after the first week.
- Students who have not paid will be turned away.
- Administrators are not present to accept payment after the first week.
- Instructors do not accept payments.
- Anyone taking the full lesson series must take the first class of the month.
- No one is permitted to join the full lesson series after the first week.
- No discounts will be offered for missing classes.
- If choosing to take the full lesson series, students must pay the full $40/$45 instruction fee.
- Payments are accepted as cash or checks made out to SwingColumbus.