ROCKTOBER: An intensive lindy hop workshop in Columbus, Ohio that’s different from any other event, designed to challenge and improve your dancing.
Delve deep into the world of leading and following through 6 – 8 concentrated hours of instruction with one set of teachers. Focused attention designed to help master movement, concepts and ideas. Video auditions accurately pre-place experienced dancers in tracks with peers of similar dance ability. Intense instruction also offered for open level dancers, no audition required.
So join us in October and dance to our live band, compete in our competitions — including our 60 Seconds of Fame showcase — and take your dance to the next level!
October 12 – 14, 2018 in Columbus, Ohio
Rocktober Intensive Lindy Hop Weekend is brought to you by SwingColumbus.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Please send all questions through our website.
What’s the refund policy?
- Rocktober relies on a community-based commitment model, where the attendee pays to reserve their spot, and we use — and count on — that payment to make the event happen!
- This means we cannot offer full refunds. Instead, you can apply your payment as a credit to next year’s event. The credit applies to you only.
- The credit request is good for the following calendar year only.
- You must contact us through our website.
- You must receive email acknowledgment of the credit request, with the documented dollar amount, for the credit request to be complete.
- The Rocktober Committee must approve all pass transfers when crediting is not an option.
- Pass transfer requests are due October 1, 2018.
- Credit requests are due before the start of the event, 8 PM EST on October 12, 2018.
The following options are not guaranteed after Friday, October 1, 2018 due to resource availability:
- Housing requests
- Online t-shirt purchases
- Catered lunch purchases
- 60 Seconds of Fame competitions
All other online ticket sales end October 11, 2018 at 11:30 PM.
How do I submit my video audition?
- Submit your audition via our Google formYou will need your Order Number from your EventBrite confirmation
Are there discounts for students or SwingColumbus Members?
- For full weekend passes and both evening dances, refer to your SwingColumbus membership confirmation email for your individual code.
- There are no discounts for a la carte dances (Friday only, Saturday only).
I’m a DJ or staff member, I deferred my pass from last year, or I won a pass from a different event, how should I regsister?
- Refer to your email for instructions, thank you!
Can I update my registration information?
- Yes! Log into EventBrite or refer to your confirmation email for instructions.
- Forgot to purchase a lunch, a competition, or event swag? Make another order of just add-ons.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
- You may transfer your ticket if you do so before the deadline mentioned above, but not through EventBrite. Please contact us for help.
How do I pay for this event?
- SwingColumbus processes all online orders through PayPal. A PayPal account is not required.
- You can make a payment with credit card or debit card without having to sign up for a PayPal account.
- If you’d like to pay through a bank transfer or eCheck, that is an option as well for all PayPal account holders.
- As always, you can pay for your pass via check or cash at the door if you prefer not to use PayPal.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding these updated payment options, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
We hope you can make it!